Registration Audits Prevent Revenue Leaks
MedBiz Front office Audit Form is a valuable tool to guard against revenue losses and unnecessary insurance claim delays.
Richard Maynard, owner of MedBiz Partners Inc. in Palm Harbor, Fl, recommends a periodic audit of 10-15 records for each of the registration staff.
- The following are key measurements including on the form.
- Copays and Self pay collections
- Insurance eligibility
- Policy Name , group, and policy number
- Medicare’s new number
- Patient Demographics
- Mobile phone for ECW messaging features
- Verify the ECW check box Do not send statements is not being abused with family or friends. Maynard, who is also an eClinicalWorks® PM trainer, recommends updating the new user security setting to prevent this occurring.
- Verify insurance cards being scan.
- Follow up on audit results and schedule the necessary training.
- Offer team bonuses for successful audits: Gas cards, retail gift cards.