MedBiz Front office Audit Form is a valuable tool to guard against revenue losses and unnecessary insurance claim delays.
Richard Maynard, owner of MedBiz Partners Inc. in Palm Harbor, Fl, recommends a periodic audit of 10-15 records for each of the registration staff.
- The following are key measurements including on the form.
- Copays and Self pay collections
- Insurance eligibility
- Policy Name , group, and policy number
- Medicare’s new number
- Patient Demographics
- Mobile phone for ECW messaging features
- Verify the ECW check box Do not send statements is not being abused with family or friends. Maynard, who is also an eClinicalWorks® PM trainer, recommends updating the new user security setting to prevent this occurring.
- Verify insurance cards being scan.
- Follow up on audit results and schedule the necessary training.
- Offer team bonuses for successful audits: Gas cards, retail gift cards.
Maynard with MedBiz states ” If your seeing over 30 patients per day, the front office person is the most important person in the practice after the clinical staff, especially if you aren’t using PE (Physician Extenders) .”
MedBiz Partner’s complimentary Registration Audit Form: https://www.medbizpartners.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Registration-Audit-2018.pdf